Check to make sure all cords are plugged in, with no damage to them, including any filters that may be installed.
Check lights on the modem:
- DSL/ADSL light should always be solid green.
- If the light is flashing try a new phone cord. If the DSL/ADSL light is still flashing, unplug the black power cord for 3 minutes, then plug the black power cord back in and wait 3 minutes. If the DSL/ADSL light is still flashing call tech suppor
- Internet light should always be green. This light can flash.
- If the Internet light is red, unplug the black power cord for 3 minutes, then plug the black power cord back in and wait 3 minutes. If the Internet light is still red, call tech support.
- If Internet light is not lit up, call tech support. 219-996-7000
All the lights are lit up and green, but there is still no connection:
- If there is a separate router, try bypassing the router.
- To bypass the router, plug an ethernet cord directly from a computer to the modem. Wait 3 minutes and then see if a webpage will open. If a webpage will still not open, call tech support.
- If the router is not separate:
- Make sure that the WLAN or WIFI light is lit up green. If the WLAN or WIFI light is not lit up, press and hold the WIFI button for 5 seconds or until the WLAN or WIFI light turns on. The WIFI or WLAN light can flash. If this light is on, but there is still no connection, call tech support.
- The NID should be used to test your line and/or phones if there is a problem with your telephone service. It is usually located on the outside of your home near the power meter. By plugging your phone(s) into the jack at the NID, you are testing the lines and telephone before the service enters your home.
- To Test: Open the NID by unscrewing and removing the cover fastener. (Make sure that all phones are unplugged from inside your home.) Unplug the modular cord from the jack inside the telephone.
- If the problem is still present after testing each phone, the cause of the problem may be in the telephone line. Contact NITCO and report the problem. If the phone works and the problem is not present, the cause could be either in your inside wiring, jacks, or telephone(s). Charges may apply if you do not subscribe to service protection programs. Once you have completed the testing at the NID, reconnect the modular plug and close the cover.