Frequently asked questions
How am I billed?
Charges for your local service and equipment are billed a month in advance. Charges for installing or changing equipment or services are billed on your monthly statement following completion of work.
What is the "delinquent after" date?
Your monthly statement has a printed date by which we should receive payment each month.
How can I get service restored if it has been disconnected for non-payment?
All past due charges billed must be paid before your service can be reconnected. You will also have to reestablish your credit and as a result, we may require a reconnect charge as well as a security deposit. Before service can be restored, the customer is obligated to own their own telephone instrument(s).
What should I do about questions or mistakes on my bill?
Call your Service Representative who can answer questions, investigate possible errors, and provide information about bills. All questions must be brought to the attention of the telephone company within 15 days to be eligible to receive credit.
Why do I get two phone bills?
Since deregulation, long distance companies have been allowed to bill customers direct for calls made using their service. The local telephone company may be hired to provide this service if the long distance service chooses to do so.
What is Relay Indiana?
Relay Indiana, a service of InTRAC, is a free service that provides full telecommunications
accessibility to people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired.
This service allows users with special telecommunication devices to communicate with standard users through specially trained Relay Operators. InTRAC also provides free, loaned equipment to those who qualify. For more information go to http://relayindiana.com.
What is EFT?
EFT is an automatic payment method, which authorizes your bank to automatically deliver each monthly payment directly into your NITCO account. This payment method is available to our telephone customers who wish to participate, and there is no service charge and/or fee from NITCO for this service.
What are some of the advantages of EFT?
EFT offers you several advantages. Consider the following:
- You save the cost of checks and postage
- You recieve a record of your payment on your check statement
- You know the exact date when your payment is made to us
- You don't have to worry that your check has been delayed, lost in the mail, or misplaced
- Your payment is deducted on or about the 15th of each month - no matter where you are or what you are doing
How do I enroll for EFT?
Signing up is easy! Just follow these steps:
- Complete and detach the EFT Authorization form.
- Send the Authorization Form to: NITCO PO Box 67 Hebron, Indiana 46341, along with your next monthly payment, and please allow one month to process. Make sure the check is from the account you want your payments taken from.
- Record the amount of the deduction in your checkbook each month, as your payment will be automatically deducted from the checking account the you have specified, on or about the 15th of each month. Some banks do a pre-notification before the first account withdrawal. Check with your banking institution for this procedure.
What if I change banks?
You will need to immediately notify a NITCO Billing Representative. Click here to contact us!
I am receiving what appears to be spam from a nitco.com email address.
NITCO does not sent out spam to its customers or to others on the Internet. Various spam groups are using nitco.com email addresses to send spam however these emails are not coming from the nitco.com mail server nor are they real nitco.com email addresses. As such there is no way for us to stop them. It is common practice for spammers to send emails that appear to come from various companies. We can only investigate spam problems that are sent through the nitco.com or netnitco.net mail server or another machine on the nitco.com or netnitco.net domain. In the email header it will list the mail server that sent the email, if that list a nitco.com or netnitco.net outgoing mail server then please email us the email header and body to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into resolving the issue. We cannot investigate spam problems without the header to see where it is coming from. If the header does not contain a mail server from out network then there is nothing we can do to aid you in stopping the spam and suggest that you submit the email as spam to your spam filter if you have one in hopes that it will filter out more emails from that sender in the future.