If NITCO has any job openings or any positions available, we will post them here. Do not be discouraged if there are no positions available... we are always interested in networking with new and interesting people!
- Outside Plant
- Posted on:
- June 8, 2018, 12:34 pm
The copper and fiber splicer performs work associated with copper and fiber connections and maintenance for telecommunications and broadband services. The splicer is responsible for maintaining and repairing entire telephone loop/facilities with the ability to work from ladders, poles, and bucket trucks.
Splices underground or multiple conductor cables for the maintenance, installation, removal, and rearrangement of fiber and copper cable as well as the maintenance of single line and associated telecom/apparatus equipment including cross connections to switching equipment; performs fusion and mechanical splicing, determines appropriate applications of splicing products for ISP/OSP fiber optics terminations; maintains records for drafting blueprints, participates in meetings for construction projects; repairs old cases and splices, works with splitter box terminations; builds span lines, installs repeaters; and performs tagging and testing functions on cable pairs; and other related duties.
- Ability to follow subscriber plant facility records and engineering schematic work prints.
- Ability to work in software programs for accurate data entry and recordkeeping.
- Ability to maintain and repair entire telephone loop/facilities.
- Ability to build span lines, install repeaters and perform tagging and testing functions on cable pairs.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital transmission.
- Ability to use test equipment (OTDR and power meter) to identify and locate optical and copper faults.
- Knowledge of copper facilities and fiber networks.
- Working knowledge of direct termination of fiber-optic connectors including mechanical, epoxy polish, heat cured as well as pigtail splicing methods.
- Knowledge of splice trays and enclosure storage units.
- Must know the color code system for cable pairs.
- Knowledge of bonding and grounding requirements of telecommunications plant.
- Working knowledge of ISP/OSP fiber optics terminations in splicing products for appropriate application.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willing to respond to emergency callouts, work overtime when necessary, weekends, and assigned schedules.
- Comply with all safety regulations and meet safety requirements to maintain a successful safety record.
- Experience in operating a bucket truck.
- Requires lifting, pulling, placing, and digging.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. above head.
- Ability to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as utility vaults.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org